Monday, July 28, 2008

Lee Rayburn show, 92.1 FM The Mic

I've never appeared on a radio show. Before listening to 92.1 in Madison, I found little use for commercial radio, mostly just listened to cds from referals and live shows, occasionally national public radio for news.

Today, I appeared on the Lee Rayburn radio show at 6:45a. I appear at the last 15 minute portion of the hour. Lee is a good radio host and it was really great that he invited me to join him on air. I'm alway eager to talk about how my InterferonB drugs now cost $2,240, even though they were only $980 per month 6.5 years ago -- worse the patent is expired, but the FDA can't license a generic version because congress and the President haven't empowered the FDA to do so; there is a generic verson in Europe (I hope this angers you as much me, probably equal to how angry you feel every time your health insurance costs incease, your out-of-pocket insurance costs increase).

And I was really happy to announce that people can support research for a cure and programs assisting us, me, all of us living with ms and the people who worry about us by supporting me on the Best Dam Bike Ride this weekend, August 2nd and 3rd, Pewaukee to Whitewater to Madison. (You can give at: http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR?px=2024772&pg=personal&fr_id=7830)

No comments: