Thursday, November 12, 2009

Got Liberation?

I was trying to make the Packers' condition a metaphor for something about health care reform. I couldn't. The Packers forgot the blocking part about football. And about the opposite of blocking: rushing the quarterback.

The House Passes Health Bill.

This is really great news for people living with MS. The Congress is finally creating a pathway for generic biological drugs, after the Senate votes affirmatively too. And I will be able to buy health insurance again. And medicare will receive the money to pay doctors properly. And some doctors' pay will be tied to keeping people healthy rather than getting paid because we're sick or broken. And there will be new programs to pay for the training of more doctors and nurses. And there won't be a maximum lifetime health insurance coverage anymore. And now having health insurance won't mean having to be tied to any individual person or a job -- for some this will be liberating.

I just got liberated from miserable internet access. I just got liberated from having to drive my car to see great music because I think I will walk to see Yo La Tengo during January.

No comments: